Saturday, February 07, 2004

Updating Web Links to UM Social Psych Alums

As I had hoped, a couple of 1980s alums from the UM social psych program e-mailed me with web links to additional 80s graduates (my original set of Ph.D. alum links is located in my very first posting at the bottom of the screen). Most of the links to follow are for traditional individual homepages, but a few are to directories that list the person; the latter still provides information on where someone is now.

Paula Pietromonaco sent in a link for herself, and for Yaacov Schul. She also suggested Geoff Fong, whose website I tracked down. These people were all at Michigan in the early 80s. Another person I thought of from that era is John Bargh.

Kerth O'Brien (whose link is in the original list below) also e-mailed me several graduates' web links. I couldn't help notice that many of the people in Kerth's list are today involved in applied fields such as health care, social work, and the court system. This just shows the breadth of training and job placements one can receive from studying at UM. In addition to traditional laboratory experimental social psychology, the program provides opportunities to focus on survey research, as well as to work with faculty in other departments. Here are the people Kerth provided:

Pamela Adelmann

Jan Beals

Cleo Caldwell

Terry Conway

Charlene Depner

James Friedrich

Aida Hurtado

Oksana Malanchuk

Paula Nurius

Aloen Townsend

Kerth also noted Ruby Beale is at Hampton University, but didn’t have a webpage or e-mail address for her.

I've also found some additional links myself:

Jerry Isaac (The linked document is very long; he's listed on page 31, under Administrative Staff.)

Judy Shapiro

Lynne Sutherland

Elissa Wurf

Finally, here are two people whom I believe started the UM grad program in Fall 1989, thus barely falling within the scope of the 1980s:

Michele Acker

Diane Holmberg